Opinion

Intel warns McAfee deal may not close until Q2

Intel expects to close its acquisition of Infineon in the next couple of weeks as regulatory approval has already been secured but admitted the pending $7.68bn purchase of McAfee may take a little longer.

The chip giant has already offered the European Commission concessions over concerns on its acquisition of the security linchpin but the details were not made public.

In the webcast with financial analysts last night, Intel CFO said the timing of the McAfee acquisition is "going to be dependent on whether we get a request for more information from the European Union.

"If we don't we could close [the deal] in Q1, if we do it's likely to move [into] the Q2," he said.

The EC extended the timeframe for its ruling to 26 January on the back of concessions made by Intel, the decision is now in the lap of the Euro bods.

The Federal Trade Commission across the pond approved the deal late last year.

This was first published in January 2011

Join the conversation Comment

Share
Comments

    Results

    Contribute to the conversation

    All fields are required. Comments will appear at the bottom of the article.