Keep details up-to-date with HMRC's free electronic service

HM Revenue & Customs are quite keen to tell taxpayers that notification of changes to their circumstances can be made any time of the day or night, 365 days a year, with its electronic change of circumstances service.

If taxpayers have moved, or changed name, they should let HMRC know via http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/change-of-circs.htm. Incorrect information can lead to problems - for example, taxpayers not getting the right tax codes and or other notices that could adversely affect them.

Taxpayers will receive an automatic response letting them know that the form has been completed correctly. They will also receive an email letting them know that they have been updated on any HMRC system that they are linked to as an individual.

This was first published in April 2011

Join the conversation Comment



    Contribute to the conversation

    All fields are required. Comments will appear at the bottom of the article.