New joint filing service


New joint filing service

Last week - 21 January - we looked briefly at a new requirement for electronic filing of Corporation Tax returns. As a followup, HMRC and Companies House have launched a new joint filing service for company accounts.

The new service means that companies with relatively straightforward financial affairs can send their accounts in iXBRL format to HMRC as part of their Company Tax Return, and also send these accounts, or an abbreviated version, to Companies House at the same time.

Before you can use this service, you need to have registered for HMRC Online Services and enrolled for Corporation Tax Online. You then use HMRC's Corporation Tax online filing software to submit your accounts to both organisations using a template. See

This was first published in January 2011

Join the conversation Comment



    Contribute to the conversation

    All fields are required. Comments will appear at the bottom of the article.